Tuesday, January 19, 2010

All Things Grow With Love...


This card is made using the Mojo Monday Sketch #121. This is the sketch from last week and I knew instantly that I wanted to create a card, but was stumped about what direction I wanted to go with the card. Well, I was checked out one of my favorite blogs,These Are A Few of My Favorite Things, and Dawn had posted a video of how to make these poofy button flowers, so I decided to try and I LOVE the outcome. My husband is a clarinetist and had some old sheet music that he didn't need anymore and I punched out the 2" scallop and the flower that's on the front of the card is the outcome. Totally cute! Since it's so close to Valentine's Day, I wanted to make card that would have a "love" theme, but not use the traditional Valentine's colors. What do you think? Well, that's all for now, I should start getting ready for work.

Supplies:
Paper: kraft cardstock, cream cardstock, Core'dinations cardstock, DCWV patterned paper (Latte Stack)
Ink: StazOn (jet black), Stampabilities (brown), Memories Dye (chestnut)
Stamps: Flourish (Inkadinkado-Dot Flourishes), Sentiment- I can't remember :)
Ribbon: red grosgrain (JoAnn's)
Handmade Embellishment: Vintage Sheet Music, button, twine

No comments:

Post a Comment